Our Game is operated and provided by eRepublik Labs Limited of Unit 4 Block, Broomfield Business Park, Malahide, Co Dublin, K36 RF83, Ireland, registration no. 462101, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (“we”, “us” and “our”)
- We allow people to access it as “Users” in order to engage and participate in a variety of activities through the Game developed or published by us.
- This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions of Use and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- When connecting to our Game through other applications or websites, you allow us to access and use certain information you provided to the respective third party applications or websites. For example, we may access the following information, as allowed by you: email, first and last name, your profile picture, other information regarding your friends list on the respective Website or application, your gender, your age range and/or your location.
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including your email;
- Information that you submit when you register or when you connect to our Game through third parties’ applications or websites.
- information that you submit through any in-game communication channels;
- the functionality that you use through our Game, including your gameplay choices;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Game, if these are accessible to us; and
- details of your visits to our Game including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, your device´s identification information whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- Only in-game information may be available to other users, which is information that will allow users to evaluate your views and your in-game communications.
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
3.2.1 to ensure that content from our Game is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
3.2.2 to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes including by interacting with advertising functionality in the Game;
3.2.3 to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
3.2.4 to deliver and maintain a high quality service;
3.2.5 to allow you to access the Game and to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
3.2.6 to notify you about new games or applications developed by our company, our partners and/or any of our affiliates, about changes to our service, new features or new versions of the Game;
3.2.7 for the purposes of compiling statistics; and
3.2.9 to process payments, if the case.
- We may also use your email address to send you updates or news regarding our company and our products and those of our partners, but you may choose not to receive emails of this type by contacting us by email at [email protected]
- We may use the information and Content you post on our Game to personalize the Game and to identify/feature popular members. For example, we may promote the most popular and most active members. While we do not expect to transfer the complete member database to others, we use the database throughout our networks and to generate results for others, including, but not limited to, enabling users to contact each other and facilitating inter-user communications.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHER PEOPLE
- We do not disclose to any third party personal information that you provide to us unless we have your permission or we believe the law permits or requires it.
- If you provide personal information to us you understand and agree that we may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- any member of our group of companies or affiliates, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- to the prospective seller, buyer or assignee of any business or assets related to the Game or all or part of eRepublik Labs Limited or any other member of our group of companies; and
- to a third party if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data with that third party in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our group of companies, eRepublik Labs Ltd, our customers, other registered users or others. This includes exchanging information with third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We will notify you when information about you may be provided to third parties in ways other than explained above, and you will have the option to prevent such information sharing at the time that we notify you.
- We do not disclose personal information about you to other third parties (including advertisers or marketing companies) except those set out in this policy, but we may provide them with aggregate anonymised information about our users. For example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement displayed on our Game on any given day, or we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our Game, etc. We may also use such aggregate anonymised information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in the southeast of Ireland) when displaying advertisements on our Game. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience. You agree to these practices.
- It may be necessary to transfer your personal information to other group companies or service providers located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). This may happen where our servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside of the EEA or where you use our services and products while visiting countries outside of the EEA. The data protection and other laws of these countries may not be as comprehensive as those in Ireland or the EU but in these instances we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are respected. You agree that we may transfer your personal data on that basis.
- SECURITY AND CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Game, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. You are responsible for the security of your password and our Terms and Conditions of Use deal with this in more detail.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
- You should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information and agree to make that information public on our Game (e.g., user name, e-mail address) via personal messages, forums, or in other areas of our Game, that information, along with any substantive information disclosed in your communication, can be collected, correlated and used by third parties. These third parties or other users may use your information to send you unsolicited messages. Such activities are beyond our control. Please do not post any personal information on our Game or in other areas that you wish to keep private.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES/APPLICATIONS
- IP ADDRESSES AND OTHER DEVICE INFORMATION
- We may collect information about your device including (where available) your IP address, alphanumeric IDs, type of device, operating system and browser type, information regarding the volume and status of data transmission, click-through statistics, the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the date and time you accesses portions of our Game, for system administration and statistical purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and we do not use them to identify any individual, except if required by the law.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND UPDATING, VERIFYING AND DELETING PERSONAL DATA
- At any time, you can make a written request to have access to all the personal information that we hold about you.
- If you choose to delete your account, you may contact us by email at [email protected] and request that your account be deleted.
- USER FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS